Japan in Oxford - Tea Tour with Obubu Tea
A completely unique, one-off tour of Oxford's cultural tea highlights and a chance to spend the day with Matsu and Simona from Kyoto Obubu Tea Farms.
Obubu asked if we could organise a day of tea related fun for them to meet and share time with tea enthusiasts, tea professionals and Japanophiles - and this is it - only 12 places available.
Join Chayou and Obubu in Oxford on 7th March, together our group will:
- Tour the Anagama Woodfired Kilns at the Oxford Anagama Project *
- Enjoy a home-cooked Japanese Bento lunch from I'm Japanese
- Walk in the ancient Wytham Woods
- Take Afternoon Tea in the Rooftop Restaurant at the Ashmolean Museum
All tea enthusiasts, Japanophiles and tea friends welcome.
*Please note next Anagama firing is in May 2017. We will be touring the site with the project architect Dr. Robin Wilson.
£50.00 per person. Includes:
- Transport from Oxford Station to Anagama Kilns and Ashmolean Museum
- Anagama Kiln Tour
- Japanese Bento Lunch
- Afternoon Tea (sandwiches, cakes, scones & tea)
Only 12 places available. Contact James Thirlwall at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve and book. Advance payments only. Non-refundable.
10.30am: Depart Oxford Railway Station for Wytham Woods Anagama Project (Minibus)
11.00am - 12.00pm: Tour of the Traditional Woodfired Anagama Kiln in Wytham Woods with Dr. Robin Wilson (Oxford University)
12.00pm - 1.00pm: Home-Cooked Japanese Bento Lunch
1.00pm - 2.30pm: Japanese Tea/ Walk in Wytham Woods
2.30pm: Depart for Ashmolean Museum
3.00pm - 4.00pm: Afternoon Tea in Ashmolean Rooftop Restaurant